Living the nomadic life.
|Our very own Tiki Bar|
|Backyard in Brackendale|
What do I need to live comfortably?
- My husband and time with my children
- A clean comfortable bed (I bring my own pillow) in a safe location
- Wifi access (high speed of course)
- Sunshine most of the time (I do enjoy the occasionally short downpour)
- An average temprature of 25-30 degrees Celcius
- An swimmable ocean or clean swimming pool (I'm not too partial to lakes)
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants that offer simple food and cold beer
- A bus system to get around and see the sights
- Running water and electricity
What do I not want?
- A place with major bugs and dangerous animals
- A location that is too hot or too cold
- A location where my safety on the streets is at issue or I need to cover myself (like in the middle east)
The short-list of places I could live.
- South of Spain (it is inexpensive, I have an EU passport and can live and work there easily, the weather is good, the food is good, it is relatively safe)
- New Caledonia or Vanuatu (great weather, inexpensive, however not for a long time as it is too far from home)
- Maui (safe, it's got everything I need and as long as I can make a sufficient income it can be afforded, it's close to home)
- Brackendale from late June until mid-September (it's safe, close to the kids, has decent weather and could be my home base)
So for me it boils down to living remotely for eight or nine months of the year and keeping Brackendale as a home base during the summer and at Christmas time.
I'm off to do the road to Hana now. See you tomorrow.