Searching...
Monday 2 September 2013

Yes I can and I will

I've heard the terms "crazy", "brave", "I wish I could" and "are you serious" being bounded around lately when I tell people what I am doing.  I know it may not be conventional, but then I've never been one to follow convention, I've always been a bit of a wild child (albeit with traditional values).

Since my illness, this wanderlust has grown and my wild child is not interested in settling for the boring and mundane.  I attended a funeral a few days ago of a woman my age.  I could not help but think of all the things in life that she has missed and will not get an opportunity to experience.  It made me sad and angry.  I'm not going to have that happen to me.  No apologies anyone, I don't want to be on my deathbed regretting the life I could have lived.

I hope you will follow me on my journey as I explore as best I can all that life has to offer.  If it takes me thirty years, wow, what a ride that would have been, however if I only get two more years of hanging loose and enjoying it, I'm taking it.  I'll work hard, achieve my business goals and enjoy my free time by flying high and travelling to places I never would have thought of before.  When my kids get out of their teenage funk and want to travel more with me, I hope to have the means to be able to bring them along as often as I can.  For now, although you will hear lots of dreaming and planning from me, my feet are on the ground, my heart is with my family and yes, my head is in the clouds.

Speaking of clouds....I'm almost done the 30 day Blog Challenge (you know, blogging about location independence) here is my latest post.

I could not live without my MacBook Air and iPhone.  I take these two buddies with me everywhere.
 So today, day 28 of the 30 day blog challenge we were asked what travel tools and services are important to us.  From a technology standpoint, things I cannot do without whether at home or travelling are:

iPhone
MacBook Air
Bose Headset
Chargers
Mini-speaker for tunes

However, there are some cool other tools and things that I use when travelling.

My Mophie
Tripadvisor
Yelp
Facebook

The day 28 blog challenge mentioned some other items that I admit I hadn't thought about that I will be adding to my toolbox.

A portable hard drive that I can set for automatic backups (loosing my stuff would be devastating)
A travel adapter (I'd hate to be somewhere and not able to charge my gadgets)
A Website to organize Travel Visa's (I never thought of this, but I guess I should - thanks Natalie)

I'm ready to go now.......



30 day challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!