Searching...
Friday 3 May 2013

"Comedy for the Cure" aka "The Boob Tour"

I'd like to personally invite you to the "Comedy for the Cure" event that I am speaking at on Thursday May 9th, 2013.  This event is organized and hosted by The Brackendale Babes a group of energetic and devoted women raising money for charities in our community.  I have attended this event prior to getting cancer and never, ever thought I'd be attending it as a person fighting cancer.  This is one of the most entertaining events I have been to locally and it also raises money for excellent causes.  This year the funds raised will go to the Squamish Hospital Foundation to assist them in purchasing portable pain machines.  These machines are a blessing for patients at home needing the ability to administer pain medications on demand.

The concept for The Boob Tour came from comedian James Uloth whose best friend's mother died of Cancer when James was in his teens.  This loss had a lasting impact on James, who wanted to give back, so in 2010 The Boob Tour was formed.

I have had so much fun at this event and would not miss it.  The doors open at 6:30 at The Eagle Eye Theatre located in Howe Sound Secondary School.  The guests are treated to complimentary appetizers, music, a silent auction and a cash bar.  The show starts at 8:00 o'clock and be prepared to laugh your head off.  This will be a challenge for me this year because I am still not healed from surgery and laughing is very painful.

You can pick up your own signed copy of my book "The Year I Died" during the cocktail hour prior to the show and at intermission.  I will be speaking briefly before the show begins, thankfully before all the amazingly talented comedians.  So please come out and support a worthwhile cause as well as enjoying an evening that will have you laughing all the way home.

Tickets are $40 per person (or $35 each for 6 or more).  To get your ticket please see the contact information on the poster contained in this post, or go to the "Comedy for the Cure's" Facebook page by clicking here.

I hope to see you next Thursday.

Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!